Monday, March 3, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

I love this recipe. The cookies stay soft for an extended period and taste great.

Ingredients
1 Cup butter or margarine (for even softer cookies use shortening)
3/4 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 pkg. instant pudding (use your favorite flavor, I love French Vanilla)
1 Teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 and 1/4 Cup un-sifted flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 12oz pkg. chocolate chips
1 Cup chopped nuts (optional)

Instructions
In a medium sized bowl mix flour with baking soda.
In a separate large bowl combine margarine, both sugars, pudding mix and vanilla in a large bowl.
Beat until smooth and creamy.
Beat in eggs.
Gradually add the flour mixture beating at slow to medium speed until thoroughly combined.
Stir in the chips and nuts.
Drop from a teaspoon onto un-greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake at 375 degree Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly brown/tan.
Go with undercooking opposed to overcooking.

Notes:
This is one of my children's family favorites. Children love cookies and chocolate chip cookies are statistically the favorite for many different people. I know that my kids love this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as well. I always make a double batch when baking these cookies. Everyone goes through them too fast.

No comments: